Torrumbarry is a small, but active rural town on the Murray River approximately 25 kilometers northwest of Echuca.
Torrumbarry thrives on
- June 9, 2019
- November 30, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- February 8 @ 6:30 pm
- April 4 - April 5
The Torrumbarry Community Club Incorporated meets on the first Monday of the month at the Torrumbarry Hotel/Motel at 7.30pm. The Community Club exists to provide a community benefit and its purpose is entirely philanthropic and benevolent.
- Raises funds and receives donations of cash, or goods and services, to facilitate the provision of charitable support to individuals, groups and organisations within the local and wider community, as directed by the Club’s financial members
- Conducts social functions and events within the local community to encourage community participation, foster healthy community relationships and to assist in fund-raising
- Provides financial, in-kind and organisational support to other not-for-profit organisations in the local community
- Applies for and holds minor gaming permits to assist in fund-raising.
The small, but active, six-member Torrumbarry Hall Committee of Management has embarked upon a strategy to turn the ageing infrastructure of its local Public Hall into a vital and functional facility which is responsive to the needs of its wider community.
Torrumbarry Fire Brigade is a volunteer brigade with approximately twenty five active firefighters and a number of non-operational support staff. A new fire station was opened on 4th March 2012, providing the district with a modern and highly functional facility for this active brigade.
Just five minutes from the summer buzz of the Murray River, with its adrenalin fuelled sports of water-skiing and jet skiing are the tranquil waters of the Gunbower Creek and its associated lagoons.
Goolwa Spa Retreat
Waterfront luxury accommodation, Goolwa Spa & River Retreat provides a beautifully appointed holiday home with a touch of Japanese decor.
The Retreat is set on 22 acres with superb river frontage in a rural setting at Torrumbarry on the Murray River.
Torrumbarry Hotel Motel
The Torrumbarry Hotel Motel, an Iconic Country Hotel only a few minutes from one of the widest parts of the Mighty Murray River.
Our Hotel consists of Classic Original Bar, Lounge area, Extensive dining room, Heated Beer Garden with large Rear Stage with many Live Performers.
Torrumbarry Weir Accommodation
Torrumbarry Weir Holiday Accommodation is a great place to share with your family or friends for a short or long break.
We offer modern facilities to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. A private outdoor swimming pool and indoor heated spa are just some of the extras.
Torrumbarry Weir Holiday Park
The park is nestled amongst natural waterways and one of the few remaining box forests.
Activities include water skiing, fishing, bushwalking, bird watching exploring the wetlands or just relaxing by the pool. The park has a general store, swimming pool and boat ramps to both above and below the weir.